Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Trainwreck Continues

The word has come out that the family of Bobbi Kristina Brown is going to take her off life support on the third anniversary of her mother Whitney Houston’s death. Her mother who coincidentally was found face down in a bathtub, the same way Bobbi Kristina was on January 31, and has been in a medically induced coma ever since.
According to the article I was reading on MSN Entertainment (because I was really bored) and I quote "A public prayer vigil was held Monday night to the backdrop of Whitney Houston songs. Riverdale Mayor Dr. Evelyn Wynn-Dixon noted what's important about the tragic situation: 'Forget that he [Bobby Brown] is a renowned artist. That her mama, the late Whitney, was a renowned artist. These [are] still people. They bleed and hurt like us,' Wynn-Dixon said."
This is some of the creepiest stuff I think I have ever read about, and it really does send chills up my spine. I’m sure that there is a lot to be uncovered in this but, why in the name of God does anyone want to prolong a life simply to symbolically end it on the same day as her mother? I can’t tell you how sorry I feel for this poor girl whose life has ended so early, because despite the fact that there are a lot of people that would say I am not allowed to “judge” people, I can’t imagine how horrible her life must have been with the parents she had.
People will remember the best rendition of the Star Spangled Banner ever performed right after the 911 tragedy, and how it was Whitney Houston that performed it. I actually remember Bobby Brown, who was a local boy who made it big with The New Edition, and that success actually sparked the music industry to look towards the Boston area for boy bands which uncovered New Kids on the Block.
Unfortunately I also remember the train wreck that the Whitney and Bobby story became over and over again thanks to their drug abuse, spousal abuse, and worse than all of that co-dependency. I would have at least hoped that they could have let Bobbi Kristina die in peace, not forever linked to the tragedy that is her parents. I realize that what I have just written isn’t exactly “entertaining” but somewhere I just wanted to wish peace to that poor little girl.