Friday, April 17, 2015

Come Celebrate my Liebster Award

I have been recently nominated for a Liebster Award by Alicia Trost (you can find her blog here and her G+ page here). Now of course I had never heard of the Liebster Award so I had to do a little research on it. Rather than go crazy with all the (very little) research I did on it, I will point you to this fabulous blog post by Loraine Reguly

With this comes an acceptance speech of sorts, which is why I placed this blog in the Entertainment Whacko, since this is as Red Carpet as I will ever get. I now answer a few simple questions to the best of my ability.

Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
It was an accident really. I started a blog because I wanted to have all the slots on my Yahoo profile filled out about a decade ago. My “blog” became a hotly debated issue in the Yahoo chat rooms, as some people were trying to determine whether I was an a-hole who deserved to be set on fire, or simply tarred and feathered. I couldn’t figure out how to delete the blog, so I had to write another one, just to make the first one I had written not appear front and center. That one ended up being really popular, then the next one more so and so on and so forth.

Is your blogging simply a hobby? What kind of dreams do you have for it?
Yes my blogging is simply a hobby. For a long time it wasn’t a hobby, and I drove myself crazy with it, whether it was ego issues, stalkers, financial insecurity, lack of time, you name it. I quit blogging for a couple of years and then came back to it as a hobby, and no matter where it goes from here it will always be a hobby. It’s a lot easier on the ulcers that way.

What is your support system like and who are your biggest supporters?
I have a loving wife who adores me and treats me like a king. She humors me when I wish to write, and she helps me by using her artistic abilities to style things for me when my brain doesn’t want to work. I have a wonderful online family that I have accumulated over the years that are my lighthouse in a storm, but my wife will always be my sturdy ship that takes me around the world.

What are 10 random facts about you?
  1. I am a Libertarian (or a classic liberal) that leans right on most issues.
  2. I always wear gloves when I walk around in the woods because of the overwhelming fear of being attacked by an animal and not having gloves on to help me kill it.
  3. I absolutely hate the writing of Charles Dickens, and think teenagers being forced to read him in school has a lot to do with the teen suicide rate.
  4. My favorite part of the day is the last half hour or so when I cuddle with my wife until we fall asleep.
  5. I go to bed at 5 pm and wake up at 1 am every day, but I might sleep in until about 2 am on the weekends. I have just found that my life operates the best on this schedule.
  6. I am a world class landscaper, or at least I tell everyone that I am.
  7. The best car I ever owned was a Pontiac Safari station wagon. I’ve owned a dozen Camaros that I used to restore, but I always look back on my Pontiac Safari with the most fondness.
  8. My mind is totally chaotic at all times, so I have to stay hyper organized just to function.
  9. I am a recovering alcoholic and I have been sober for over 24 years.
  10. I believe in God, and I don’t push that on other people, but I am always willing to verbally open up any atheist who doesn’t respect me for believing in God. Many of them are more religious in their belief that there isn’t a God than anyone I have ever met who believes in God.


 What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The way it turns the chaos off in my mind, even if it is just for the length of time it takes me to organize my thoughts and type them out, but usually the release of getting whatever it is stuck in my mind off my mind I get peace for a little while afterwards.

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with too many tasks at once?
Curl up in the fetal position and have a good cry.

What would you do with a large sum of money given to you?
Spend it, probably foolishly.

What was one of the most moving books or movies you have ever seen?
Most moving movie was “FreeJack” with Emilio Estevez and Mick Jagger. The most moving book was The Bible.

Where would you like to see yourself in the next couple of years?
Tennessee or Texas

Do you have a bucket list? Name 5 things on that.
  1. Travel all 50 states in a Winnebago.
  2. Live to be 153.
  3. See the end of modern progressivism, hopefully with tar and feathers.
  4. Make it to 200 lbs while still maintaining my 32 inch waist
  5. Find another Pontiac Safari station wagon.


What is your single best piece of advice for someone starting out in the blogging world?
Dance with the one who brought you. If you get so big that you forget the people who cherished you when you were nobody, then you don’t deserve an audience at all.

So now I get to nominate some people for the coveted (well now that you have heard about it anyway) Liebster Award ..

First I would like to nominate Rachel Rennie who has her own writing blog over on Weebly http://rachelrennie.weebly.com/ which is a great place in my opinion to see an up and comer with some great enthusiasm about creative writing in particular.

Second I would like to nominate Adele Archer who has her own writing blog over on Wordpress https://adelearcherbooks.wordpress.com/ which is another great place to see a wonderful burgeoning writer with mad skills and an English accent.

Third I would like to nominate Rebecca A. Emerich who is one of my favorite “go to” people for writing tips in her Blogger Blog http://www.livingalifeofwriting.com/ and another lighthearted soul with a curious fascination in Transylvania http://www.thingsabouttransylvania.com/

Last and certainly not least I want to nominate one of my oldest partners in blogging crime Spike Q who has several cool blogs http://sapphoqonlife.blogspot.com/ http://radicalsapphoq.blogspot.com/ http://sapphoqhealingtbi.blogspot.com/ http://sapphoqreviews.blogspot.com/ http://sapphoqnfriends.blogspot.com/ http://itch-wars-report.blogspot.com/ (The last one you may find a post or two from me as well)


Nobody I have nominated are committed to anything in any way, but it is nice to get an award now and again. You can steal the seal above and attach it to your blog regardless, because I nominated you and you earned it!