Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Good Day With Dead Files


I really don’t think enough people wake up in the morning and say to themselves, “I am going to have a really good day today,” which really is too bad. Yesterday it was raining like crazy all day so I sat inside after I went to the gym, and got caught up on a lot of writing and website repair. It was an incredibly productive day, and I was even able to get out five original blogs which rounded me up over 700 +s a little over 10,000 page views and a little over eight dollars in ad revenue. Needless to say yesterday was a good day, which also left me open to the concept of having a good day today.

What constitutes a good day one may ask? Well today I woke up knowing that I was ahead of the game and basically told myself I was going to have a nice relaxing day. I went to the gym and worked out slow and deliberate. It all felt pretty good. I came home and got some writing done. It all seemed pretty good. I decided I would go do some grocery shopping because my wife has been really busy with her business, and on the way home I stopped and picked up a roast beef sub, with everything. My intention was to come home and watch one of my favorite shows, away from my computer, and eat my sandwich.


Keep in mind that every step of the way I had every intention to enjoy everything I was doing. I loaded my show on the DVR, an obscure show on the Travel Channel (and for someone who never goes anywhere I love the Travel Channel) called The Dead Files. In this show a medium named Amy Allan and a retired New York City homicide detective named Steve DiSchiavi travel from place to place investigating paranormal activity going on in various homes and locations. Amy will go for a walk through the place at night and communicate with all the ghosts and other entities that are creating the havoc, and Steve investigates the history of the place, to see what could have caused the paranormal activity. At the end of the show they get together and compare their stories and they usually end up being pretty similar.

I hate to admit what really makes me happy when I watch this show is that I have had the opportunity to see ghosts and whatnot my whole life, and I thank GOD they don't talk to me, follow me around or harass me like they do Amy. She's amazingly believable and the only thing I can surmise after years of making time for this show is that it's because I believe her. Steve of course and his investigations are pretty cool too, even if you aren't into the supernatural, just in the way he uncovers things. Again the show is definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it before, and it added to my good day, which is far more than half way finished, so I would say, Mission Accomplished!